[GRASS5] Changes between 5.0.1 release and current CVS head

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Feb 3 15:17:28 EST 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > html/index.html
> > > html/searchhtml.html
> > > 	index2.html -> index.html
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> Yes (index2.html doesn't exist any more on the web)

If the URLs are meant to refer to the GRASS website, they should be
absolute URLs. Bear in mind that these files are installed into
$GISBASE/documents; relative URLs should only be used when the target
is also in $GISBASE/documents.

I think that I was getting confused with the following (from
html/index.html):

This URL is wrong for a local copy of index.html (".." doesn't make
any sense from the top-level directory); it should be:

If the GRASS website is layed out differently, then the file should be
pre-processed for use on the web site.

> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/doconfigure
> > > - src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/query_postgr_dummy.c
> > > - src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/query_postgr_orig.c
> > > 	Remove query_postgr_{orig,dummy}.c
> >
> > Don't know.
> >
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/query_postgr.c
> > > 	Remove query_postgr_{orig,dummy}.c
> > > 	???
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> AFAIK this simplifies the PG dependency.
> Didn't cause problems here so far.

The doconfigure simplification is good; however, there appear to be
some other changes which I'm unsure about.

> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/fileBrowser.tcl
> > > 	Default to cwd instead of $HOME
> >
> > No; use built-in "pwd" rather than "exec pwd".
>
> Should the suggestion be uploaded?

I think so.

> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_kanimator.tcl
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_main.tcl
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/anim_support.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/change_view.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/getCat.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/init_commands.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/interface.h
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/position.c
> > > 	???
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> Mostly IRIX fixes from Paul, I think.

I think that most of this (along with the ogsf changes) was a
substantial update from Bob Covill.

> > > src/CMD/generic/gmake.sh
> > > 	Allow C++ files (incomplete)
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> Wasn't the logic fixed recently?

It was "fixed" so as to be harmless (the first attempt broke the case
when the .c file was generated, e.g. by lex/yacc). However, it's far
from correct: C++ files should use $(CXX) instead of $(CC), and
$(CXXFLAGS) instead of $(CFLAGS). This would require changes to
several other files (configure[.in], head.in).

See my previous message: