[GRASS5] r.in.gdal segmentation fault

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 5 11:28:18 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 10:29:36AM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> > Markus Neteler wrote:

> Helena,
>
> for me your file works well. You may try 'gdalinfo' on the
> directory. Probably your GDAL is too old. Note that there
> was a 0.5 pixel shift bug in GDAL (exactly that driver)
> which was fixed in GDAL/CVS:

>         * aigdataset.cpp: The ULX and ULY values are edges, not pixel
>         centers.  Fixed geotransform.
>
> So in any case you may want to use the GDAL/CVS version.
> (www.remotesensing.org/gdal/)
>
> Markus

I had a student install the latest GRASS binary release on RedHat9
and r.in.gdal gave segmentation fault for a tiff file (it imported OK
with r.in.tiff) - we will recompile from sources making sure that we
have
the latest GDAL, but does this mean the GDAL used in the binaries
is the old version? Has anybody had a chance to try r.in.gdal in the
binary release?
Or is this specific for RedHat9? (BTW if anybody is running GRASS on
RedHat8
I suggest switching to RedHat9 - it is way much better).

thank you

Helena