[GRASS5] [bug #1927] (grass) Some questions

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 15:11:41 EDT 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Request Tracker wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1927
>
> Subject: Some questions
>
> I need to compile gdal/org with --with-grass ?

No; the --with-grass support is only if you want to use it for other
programs to access GRASS raster files (unless you want to use the new
r.out.gdal script in 5.1). If you just want to use GDAL with GRASS the
following webpage gives some hints
http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/grass/
Actually just looking at it now I think it may be out of date. Maybe Frank
will update it for 5.1 when the GRASS 5.1/GDAL dependency becomes clear.

> I don't find libgrass.h in the sources of grass50 and grass51.

Possibly the same webpage I mentioned above? But as I said you don't
really need it if you just want to use GDAL with GRASS.

BTW this isn't a bug so it shouldn't be in the request tracker but I've
copied it back to it so a copy will be e-mailed to the original poster (I
hope that works).