[GRASS5] [bug #1885] (grass) error running grass5

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed May 21 14:39:27 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1885

Subject: error running grass5

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries

Hello,
     I keep getting the following error when I try to run grass5. The error I get is as follows:

Starting GRASS
ERROR: LOCATION_NAME not set
'xterm': unknown terminal type
Error opening terminal: xterm

I have the binaries in /opt/grass. I have tried to set LOCATION_NAME=/opt/grass and LOCATION_HOME=/opt/grass and I am still having problems. If I need to set those variables to something like /opt/grass/bin please let me know. Also, please let me know if I need to download a different binary, I had a hard time downloading from grass.itc.it so I downloaded from a usa mirror if I remember correctly. I have slackware linux version 9.0.

Thank You,
Micah J. Kimbrough
The Community Science Center