[GRASS5] xwininfo error on Mac OS X

Nik Sands Nik.Sands at utas.edu.au
Tue May 27 00:00:31 EDT 2003

I'm new to GRASS and am having some trouble getting it to run on Mac OS
X.

I've installed TclTkAqua-8.4.2, and grass5.0.2 successfully, and can
start GRASS okay.

However, when I enter the "tcltkgrass &" command, I get the following
output:

----------------------------------
Error in startup script: xwininfo: error: No such window with id
0xec0f08.
     while executing
"exec xwininfo -id [winfo id .w_g] | grep -i Corners"
     invoked from within
"scan [exec xwininfo -id [winfo id .w_g] | grep -i Corners] {%*s %d%d}
dx dy"
     (file "/usr/local/grass5/tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl" line 1887)
     invoked from within
"source $env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)/main/gui.tcl"
     (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass" line 21)
----------------------------------

I was previously having other problems, but after solving those by
adding the X11 bin directory to my path, and setting the DISPLAY
environment variable, that is the error I'm now getting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nik.

NIK SANDS - Systems Administrator