[GRASS5] GRASS5.1: printing utility does not print what appears on monitor

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed May 28 06:51:40 EDT 2003

Hello,

Using d.m in GRASS.1 I have the problem that the files resulting from
printing (be it ps, pdf or png) do not reflect what I see on the monitor.
Using d.m I create the following commands for display:

d.vect map=cp_clean color=0:0:0 fcolor=none display=shape type=area
icon=basic/cross size=5 field=1 lfield=1
d.vect map=cp_clean color=255:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=none
display=shape,attr type=centroid,area icon=basic/cross size=5 field=1
att=COMET lsize=5 lfield=1 where="COMET > 0"

This displays the vector area map twice, once as a black background and
once as a red outline of selected areas with the content of their
attribute 'COMET' as text. None of the areas are filled.

However, when I then launch the print utility in d.m, the resulting files
do not contain the attributes and the areas are filled.

In the ps.map script file I see that fcolor is set to 170:170:170 instead
of none, so that seems to be the origin of the filled areas.

Concerning the attributes: is it possible to display them with ps.map
directly with the vector file or do I have to do this with the 'text'
command ?

Moritz