[GRASS5] Multilayer editing

Pasquale Di Donato pasquale.didonato at uniroma1.it
Mon Nov 3 11:34:05 EST 2003

I'm a new member so I apologise for referring a quite old post, but it
has a really important issue.
The message is at the following link and was posted by Rich Greenwood
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2002-November/007837.html

I quote some lines from the message I think are very important:

>Also, it would be nice to be able to edit more than one map, or layer,
>at a time. For example, if I move a parcel line, that line may also
>define a municipal boundary stored in a different map (or layer). If I
>update parcel line, I would like to also have the municipal boundary
>update.

The new ESRI ArcGIS family (but I guess also GeoMedia from Intergraph)
supports this feature for vector data stored in a geodatabase.
What about GRASS? Is it something that is gonna be implemented in the
5.7 version?

Pasquale