[GRASS5] strange tk.h problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Nov 20 06:40:52 EST 2003

moovida_lists wrote:

> I got a real strange tk.h problem I never had before.
>
> I run
> ./configure --prefix=/home/moovida/grass/the_grass/ --bindir=/home/moovida/
> grass/bin/ --with-postgres-includes="/usr/include/pgsql/ /usr/include/pgsql/
> server/" --with-motif --with-motif-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/ --with-gdal=/
> usr/local/bin/gdal-config
>
> and at the point of tcl/tk the following happens:
>
> checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
> checking for tcl.h... yes
> checking for tk.h... no
>
> and it stops.
>
> Considering that tk.h is in /usr/include/ just like tcl.h is, I'm a bit lost
> in space. It is just a check if the file exists, so I controlled permissions,
> owner and whatever regarding to file integrity.
>
> Did anyone ever encounter this problem?

Header checks don't simply check that the file exists; they attempt to
preprocess a test program which consists of a #include statement for
the header in question (in this case "#include <tk.h>"); if the
preprocessor produces any error/warning messages, the check fails.

tk.h depends upon the X headers, as well as tcl.h. So if there are any
problems with the X headers, the check will fail. Note that "problems"
includes anything that results in a warning, not just errors.

Examine config.log for any clues.