[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 4 (RC4) available

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Oct 9 07:18:18 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:54:43PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:42:43AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > GRASS 5.0.3 release candidate 4 (RC4)
> >
> > ... is available for testing:
> >
> > http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass50/
> >
> > TODO: - update NEWS.html for the release
> >       - else?
>
> * The automatically created Changelog is missing the removal
>   of the apngs code (because this was no commit).
>   I suggest adding a hint manually.

OK, we can do that but it will disappear in the next Changelog.
Better to use a commit entry.

> * Unfortunately src.nonGPL got partly packaged,
>   this needs to be removed from the tarball.

Strange:
cat src.nonGPL/CVS/Tag
Treleasebranch_26_april_2002_5_0_0

Why is that tagged? Did you tag it (please remove then)?
I have just updated the tree.

> * I'm unsure if we should package all code that actually is not used
>   in the tarball. We still have it in the CVS.
>   Like src.garden/grass.java, unused, src.todo and some other stuff
>   from src.garden and src.contrib.
>   I suggest to not package them.

It it should be removed from the release branch.

> * It would be good style to create a detached signature for the
>   tarball in addition to the useful md5sums.
>   I suggest using Gnupg and a key of Markus as packager for the
>   time being.

I have no idea how to do that - hints are welcome.

Markus