[GRASS5] v.out.dxf: small updates to DXF12 but RFC first

Thierry Laronde tlaronde at polynum.org
Mon Sep 15 16:03:33 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:22:10AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 06:23:14PM +0200, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> > I want to update a litle `v.out.dxf', [..]
> >
> > Since I have only dxf_r12 at hand, this means updating from DXF10 to DXF12
> > (at the present state, this doesn't mean a lot : just advertising ACAD version
> > and changing what mentionned above).
>
> It probably would be interesting to keep compatibility
> with both versions of the format, maybe an options could switch
> from one format to another.

Yes, at least a switch between R14 (I've finally found some doc) and
R11/R12 (older DXF import module should deal with it without much
ado).

I have decided to rewrite it entirely (and I think too v.in.dxf)
but this will be done for 5.7. The quick patches I could give for
now are not addressing the more important needs, so I don't think
it's usefull.

Cheers,
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde at polynum.org>