[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1268] Re: r.in.gdal problem

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 11:20:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> After i do:
> - configure distclean
> - configure (--with-gdal)
> - make
> - make install
> now it works correctly.
>
> Thanks

Well this implies that the gdalbridge code definitely isn't working with
the more recent GDAL releases then. So should we make --with-gdal the
default? What does this mean for building binary releases where the
instructions explicitly say to use --with-gdal=no?

Could we try fixing the gdalbridge files? I remember looking on the gdal
website a while ago and all I could find was gdalbridge.cpp, not
gdalbridge.c