[GRASS5] G3D-api problem

Alfonso Vitti alfonso.vitti at ing.unitn.it
Thu Sep 18 09:54:17 EDT 2003

Hi Markus, Nico

I didn't answer the mail on the mailinglist because I don't
know/remember very much about tiles

but I've given a quick look to the libs and I hope what follows can help
a bit.
(i've been a bit lazy, sorry! ;-)

the error:
"FATAL ERROR: G3d_writeTile: tileIndex out of range"
comes from
"tilewrite.c"
when
"if ((tileIndex >= map->nTiles) || (tileIndex < 0))"

in:
"g3ddefaults.c"
there are:
"#define G3D_TILE_X_DEFAULT 8"
"g3d_tile_dimension[0] = G3D_TILE_X_DEFAULT;"
"*tileX = g3d_tile_dimension[0];"

tileX is used in:
"header.c"
"map->tileX = tileX;"
"map->nx = (map->region.cols - 1) / tileX + 1;"
the same for y and z
"map->nxy = map->nx * map->ny"
"map->nTiles = map->nxy * map->nz;"

so it seems that the value of "map->nTiles" (which governs the fatal
error) depends on the number of cols in the region and on the value of
"tileX" which is set to 8 by default

hope this will be useful

Alfonso