[GRASS5] r.terraflow

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Sep 18 23:15:02 EDT 2003

Laura Toma wrote:

> I downloaded grass-5.0.3rc2 and looked at the code in
> src.contrib.DUKE/r.terraflow/ and there dont seem to be many changes:

There have been two sets of fixes to the Gmakefile, neither of which
have made it into the release branch (i.e. 5.0.3rc2).

> $diff grass-5.0.3rc2/src.contrib/DUKE/r.terraflow/Gmakefile
> ~/r.terraflow.1.5/Gmakefile
> 45c45
> < CFLAGS += -Wall -I$(IOSTREAM_INC)
> -------
>  > CFLAGS += -Wall -I$(IOSTREAM_INC) -Wno-deprecated
> $
>

> $diff grass-5.0.3rc2/src.contrib/DUKE/r.terraflow/Gmakefile
> ~/r.terraflow.1.4/Gmakefile
> 59,60c59,60
> <            -mkdir $(OBJARCH)/FLOAT ; true
> <            -mkdir $(OBJARCH)/SHORT ; true
> -------
> <            -mkdir $(OBJARCH)/FLOAT
> <            -mkdir $(OBJARCH)/FLOAT
> $
>
> Are these all the fixes?

No.

> Where is the patch located?

I was referring to one which Hamish posted to the developers' list;
the archive URL is:

	http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-September/006268.html

but the patch itself was included as a MIME attachment, so it can't
easily be read via that URL (you would have to manually decode it with
e.g. mmencode).

> How can i look at the fixes?

	cvs diff -r 1.1 -r 1.3 src.contrib/DUKE/r.terraflow/Gmakefile

Basically, the main issue is using $(CXX) instead of $(CC) and
$(CXXFLAGS) instead of $(CFLAGS). Both of these are now set by the
configure script (in the CVS HEAD version; the release branch doesn't
have either the r.terraflow/Gmakefile changes or the build system
changes which are required to support C++ code).

> Do I need to compile grass to see them?  Does r.terraflow get
> compiled when installing grass, or,  one has to run Gmakefile in
> r.terraflwo directory (this is the way it used to be) ?

With the CVS HEAD version, if you use the --with-cxx configure switch,
r.terraflow will be built automatically. With the version in the
release branch, you have to build it separately with gmake5.