[GRASS5] questions for updating tcltkgrass for 5.7

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Aug 2 16:44:49 EDT 2004

I'm back from vacation and want to catch up with updating the GUI. I
have a couple of questions.

1. r.univar has gone away. Now there is a r.univar.sh script and a
r.univar2 program module. I'm not sure what the difference is (I looked
at the docs for each in the CVS and GRASS 5.7 manual on line. The
manual only listed r.univar). Should I include one or the other or
both?

2. All the g3d modules (r3.*) have now been updated to 5.7 is seems.
I'll add those that are now lacking in the GUI. I plan to put
r3.showdspf under the display menu as it is a display module. However,
I have a question about this and NVIZ. I remember that some version
(current or yet to come?) of NVIZ was supposed to have support for
displaying g3d display files, and there is a mkdspf panel in NVIZ. So,
is r3.showdspf obsolete or nearly so? The same for r3.mkdspf?

3. I'll add d.nviz to the display menu also.

4. I see that r.resamp.rst is new. I'll add this.

5. g.mapset was done before I left, but I still need to add it.

6. I see a v.mapcalc that is recently updated. Is this a normally
compiling module? Is there a help page for this?

Hamish already added v.univar while I was away.

Any other modules that has been added that I need to put into the GUI?'

Thanks for the help.

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671