[GRASS5] Re: Cygwin binaries

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 14 12:56:59 EDT 2004

Paul,

When this goes up, I think I should remove the copy you sent me I have on my
site, to avoid the confusion you mention below, and replace it with a link
to the official GRASS binary page for 5.3.

If 5.7 could be packaged in the same way it would be a great boon to Windows
users. I just noticed that Rich Greenwood is no longer posting binaries, but
is simply linking to the GRASS site.

I just posted a simple windows install instruction (perhaps the one you
mention). However, I can either edit this to reflect the changes you mention
or delete it if you are now including more up-to-date information in the
readme with your file. One nice item in the instructions I posted is that it
has a succinct discussion of installing and starting CygwinX. Perhaps
something like this could go into the GRASS installation readme if it's not
already there.

Markus, is this the time to think about posting Lorenzo Moretti's Mac
binaries on the GRASS main site?

Michael

--
Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Society

Web - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton