[GRASS5] PNG driver problem

David Piasecki piasecda at nv.doe.gov
Mon Aug 23 08:36:19 EDT 2004

I am using the PNG graphics driver in a C++ application that I am
writing. At the click of a button, I can zoom in and out by starting
the PNG driver, sending region and display commands to GRASS, and
stopping the PNG driver. When I behave like a normal user, it seems to
work just fine. However, when I try to break my code by clicking the
zoom button about 30-50 times in quick succession, I will eventually
get the message that the PNG driver is already running, even though the
output to the terminal window has verified that the PNG driver has
terminated. Is it possible to get such an error message if "d.mon
start=PNG" is called too quickly after "d.mon stop=PNG"?

If it turns out that GRASS cannot accept commands to start the PNG
graphics driver so quickly after it's been stopped, I'll have to put
something in my code that ensures the user doesn't click zoom too fast.

David