[GRASS5] PNG driver problem

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 04:24:47 EDT 2004

> > does dumping a max. res PPM work for anyone on MacOSX from NVIZ? not
> > me, I just get the bits.
>
> Can you elaborate?

The NVIZ image dump for a max resolution PPM creates the file by doing
it one section at a time. After rendering all of the panels it then
stiches them togther. Well when I try this on a Mac with Lorenzo's 5.7
binaries, it broke before it finished and all the panels were dumped
onto the desktop individually. (and the temporarily saved state is
restored)  I don't have the error or computer in front of me to give an
exact error. Hoping someone else could get it. Random guess was that the
OSX version was missing the stitching fn.

Just trying this on Linux (debian/tcl8.3), it works, but the results are
*much* darker than what was on screen. (Happens in 5.3 and 5.7)

These spit out while it is generating:

Creating PBuffer Using GLX 1.3
Create PixMap Using GLX 1.1
Final Assembled Image will be 2048 x 1770
Writing Tile 1 of 4
Writing Tile 2 of 4
Writing Tile 3 of 4
Writing Tile 4 of 4
Assembling Tiles
Destroy Pixmap and GLXPixmap

[file is written ok, the elevation is very dark.. (beyond fixing in GIMP)]

Then, next time I change a knob and redraw the NVIZ display, it breaks:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContextTag
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)
  Serial number of failed request:  3400
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"exec
/usr/local/src/grass/grass53/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2
.2 -f
/usr/local/src/grass/grass53/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/nviz2.2/scri..."
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script $argv -name NVIZ
>&@stdout"
    invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."
    (file "/usr/local/src/grass/grass53/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/nviz"
line 16)

also saw these when loading/saving state:

Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_animation_save" --  Save
procedure for panel animation may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_kanimator_save" --  Save
procedure for panel kanimator may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_query_save" --  Save procedure
for panel query may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_mkdspf_save" --  Save procedure
for panel mkdspf may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_sdiff_save" --  Save procedure
for panel sdiff may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_label_save" --  Save procedure
for panel label may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_scale_save" --  Save procedure
for panel scale may not be defined
Diagnostic: invalid command name "Nviz_pos_save" --  Save procedure for
panel pos may not be defined

Hamish