[GRASS5] d.legend and d.out.png

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 04:37:33 EDT 2004

> > In retrospect, I suspect that it is actually an issue with the form
> > library feeding data to the etc/form/form program. I can't build
> > that, as I don't have Tcl/Tk 8.4, so I can't really provide any more
> > insight.
>
> I actually have the same problem with Debian and GRASS compiled with
> tcltk 8.3 (although 8.4 is also on the system).

I am using the same setup (deb/testing) ..

> When I use d.m, it works once and the second time I get (after two
> clicks on the map):
>
> child killed: write on pipe with no readers
>     while executing
> "exec d.what.vect map=communes >@stdout 2>@stdout"
>     ("eval" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
>     (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
>     invoked from within

I got this to happen once (error in a pop up-Tcl window), but now I
can't trigger it doing the same action.

> When I try from the command line after this, the command just exits
> silently after the second click.

I'v seen this too, but can't trigger it now. Any chance of running the
command line version through a debugger?

CFLAGS="-ggdb -Wall" ./configure \
make

GRASS:~> gdb $GISBASE/etc/bin/cmd/d.what.vect

Hamish