[GRASS5] Re: max res. PPM image dump from NVIZ

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 23:11:48 EDT 2004

> > [max res. PPM image dump from NVIZ]
..
> > After the image dump, it would render the hi-res polygon ok, but
> > the low res movement 'Grid' has disappeared, then after a few
> > seconds of playing with that:
> >
> > Final Assembled Image will be 2048 x 1995
> > Writing Tile 1 of 4
> > Writing Tile 2 of 4
> > Writing Tile 3 of 4
> > Writing Tile 4 of 4
> > Assembling Tiles
> > Destroy Pixmap and GLXPixmap
> > global-exag = 3.000000
> > recalculating normals...
> > 100
> > 200
> > 300
> > global-exag = 3.000000
> > recalculating normals...
> > 100
> > 200
> > X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContextTag
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
> >   Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)
> >   Serial number of failed request:  3736
> >   Current serial number in output stream:  3737
>
> I can't reproduce this with 5.3, and I don't have an up-to-date 5.7
> built right now. Can you see if it happens for you with 5.3?

Happens both with the latest 5.3 and 5.7.

Just after it finishes writting the PPM, the low-res 'grid' is drawn,
but the southern 10-15% is missing. When you change the view angle you
are looking at a blank screen, when you finish it redraws the hi-res
'polygon' version ok.

-> Resizing the viewing window causes the above error (& crash).

Hamish