[GRASS5] RT and spams

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Fri Aug 27 02:42:29 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:08:40AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> The RT bugtracker is filling up with spam.
> This doesn't give a good impression on the project (IMHO).
> Anything which could be done?

well, as a first action I just eliminated all spam entries.

> As you have realized, the spams do not arrive in the 'grass5'
> list as my bogofilter takes care. Maybe the RT spamassasin
> needs a better training?

No, it works nice. Unfortunately, the filter was off a couple
of hours and at those times a couple of spam may enter the bug tracker.

> I recently cleaned a lot of bug reports in RT, but I
> am not willing to spend time on spam elimination.
> Hope the filtering can be improved for the RT.

It will never be a 100% clean matter.
Will discuss here what we maybe can improve.

Best

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/