[GRASS5] New info on openDWG

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Aug 30 07:59:57 EDT 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 12:19, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:50:40AM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> > On Friday 27 August 2004 10:36, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > > talking about this 'only for non-commercial use' stuff,
> >
> > OpenDWG lib IS NOT restricted for non-commercial use.
> > It is not possible to sell applications (SW) using OpenDWG lib,
> > which was acquired for free. It IS possible to use
> > such application for any work without other restrictions.
>
> where do I read about the definition of 'non-commercial'?
>
> If you find one, is it the one the license writers meant?
> And is it the one applicable for the regional law where
> someone may want to sue you?
>
> All I am saying is that there are no answers on this and
> that you take a high risk by interpreting your acitivities
> as non-commercial yourself.

But OpenDWG DOES NOT have any restriction like 'only for non-commercial'!
You are trying to make an impression that OpenDWG is only
for 'non-commercial', I just pointed out that it is not true.
I don't care about definition of 'non-commercial', I don't need that.

Also, I would never develop a module for GRASS which I and others cannot
_use_ without restrictions.

Radim