[GRASS5] D.vect.graph problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 31 01:40:15 EDT 2004

I want to re-report a problem with d.vect.graph.

I have a point file in GRASS 5.7 (binaries from 22-07-2004 on Mac OSX
10.3.5). It displays fine in a UTM location.

If run d.vect.graph and I select a bar graph, all works fine.

If I select a pie chart, my computer slows to a crawl--all processes, not
just GRASS. Once I managed to get some of the pie graphs, including a partly
drawn graph before the computer dropped to low gear. I checked processes on
this once and GRASS was eating up nearly all the processing power and
available memory. I literally have to do a hard restart on the computer to
get control of it again.

I did NOT set a pie chart size column (it says optional). I left the rest at
the default or the settings that worked fine for bar graphs.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Michael
C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA