[GRASS5] export RGB channels in one ERDAS/IMG file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 31 13:05:51 EDT 2004

Otto Dassau wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I would like to export several rasterfiles (channels R,G,B,..) in one ERDAS/IMG
 > file with GDAL. Is this possible?
>
> r.out.gdal is working, but I can't find an option how to do this in the manual
 > pages. Does anybody has an idea?

Otto,

I did a quick check of r.out.gdal and it does not seem to support outputting
more than one raster layer at a time to an output file even though I can see
that would be highly desirable.  Likely it should offer an option to export
a "group" as that is the equivelent to a stack of image bands in GDALs data
model.

Given that it does not, it seems you might have to do this all rather
indirectly.  One approach is to output individual rasters and then composite
them with an external application like OpenEV or within Imagine itself.

Best regards,