[GRASS5] 4 more questions about d.vect for improving GIS Manager

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 14 01:00:55 EST 2004

Hamish and Radim,

OK, I see what you mean now. I think this is a relatively new addition,
which may explain my confusion.

I just checked to see if the tcltk form mode for d.what.vect works yet on a
Mac and it doesn't. You still have to output to terminal.

Now that I understand why this has been added, I agree that it is necessary
to keep both flags. I'll add a bit of explanation to the vector panel to
make this clearer.

Michael

On 12/13/04 6:41 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> There are 2 checkboxes labeled "print query output as text in
>> terminal" and"edit attributes"
>>
>> The first call the -x flag which, according to the docs (and d.vect)
>> is"Don't add to list of vectors and commands in monitor". The latter
>> *sounds* like it is keeping the d.vect results out of the list that
>> d.redraw checks. Is this what it is doing? If not, what IS it doing. I
>> have yet to see the query output printed as text in the terminal. This
>> does not seem to be a correct description of the flag. Is it worth
>> keeping in the GIS Manager version of d.vect?
>>
>> The second calls a -e flag. There is no such flag listed in the docs.
>> Is this a holdover from an earlier version? Should I get rid of it?
>

> These two affect d.what.vect when run from the "?" icon in d.m.
> So not d.vect flags at all...
>

> When running in MacOSX I needed to use the "Print query output as text
> in terminal" (ie -x flag) as the d.what.vect Tcl GUI didn't work.. maybe
> that is still the case?
>

> Hamish

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University