[GRASS5] GRASS 5.7 ps.map

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Feb 1 10:24:21 EST 2004

Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Second:
> It is said, that you can choose the font, you want to use for example to
> paint your legend. Is there anny list of these fonts?

The list is whatever the PostScript interpreter understands. Times,
Helvetica and Courier can safely be relied upon to exist in any
PostScript implementation.

> Does anny of those
> work with non-english languages (or better non-ascii characters)?

The prolog explicitly sets each font's encoding to ISOLatin1Encoding;
all text is passed through unchanged.

If you want to use a different encoding, you will have to manually
change etc/paint/prolog.ps accordingly (and your PostScript
interpreter will need the corresponding encoding vector, and fonts
which support it).

> Third:
> I wanted to run g.manual and it ended with following message:
> /usr/src/grass57_exp_2003_10_04/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/g.manual:
> line 49: konqueror: command not found
>
> That is allright, I haven't even qt installed. Where/how can I set the variable
> $GRASS_HTML_BROWSER ?

It depends upon your shell; for bash, use ~/.grass.bashrc.