[GRASS5] building GRASS 5.3 under FreeBSD 5.0

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Sun Feb 1 14:35:01 EST 2004

I've managed to build HDF4.2r0 into gdal-1.1.9 so that I can build GRASS 5.3
with gdal support for importing ASTER images.

I'm having a little trouble running ./configure ...

When I run the script without arguments I get the jpeg libraries and get the
following results:

checking whether to use JPEG... yes
checking for location of JPEG includes...
checking for jpeglib.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate JPEG includes.
$

if I started to explicity include the include/lib directories like

./configure --with-jpeg-includes=/usr/local/include --with-jpeg-libs=/usr/lo
cal/lib

I get to the next header/lib in the configuration process (tiff/png?) and
get the same results, I've started to explicity define all the include/lib
paths and realized these are all default paths on my machine and every other
time I've simply run ./configure I get a decent makefile (without odbc,
fftw, etc)

When I used the prefix or includedir/libdir I still get the same results.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a OS-specific problem.

Thanks,
Jeff.

---
Jeff D. Hamann