[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:2427] pg driver and boolean columns (v.in.db, v.out.ogr)

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Feb 2 05:15:37 EST 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 15:58, David Orme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just been using v.in.db to register points from a PostgreSQL table
> - it all works nicely except that the pg driver doesn't support
> converting boolean columns in my pg table into the resulting dbf file
> (see below for output of v.in.db). This isn't a huge problem because I
> can just use v.db.connect to connect the vector map back to the
> original pg table, but v.out.ogr also is unable to export these columns
> through the pg driver.

Boolean is not supported by DBMI (DB library in GRASS) and DBF driver.
It is easy to convert boolean to any supported type, but which one?
integer : 0/1
char(1) : 0/1
char(1) : y/n
char(1) : t/f

Warning!!! If you connect a table to any vector, it becomes a part of the vector
and is deleted if you remove the vector.

Radim