[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:2530] Re: v.in.ogr not building on Linux

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Feb 10 09:42:39 EST 2004

On Feb 10, 2004, at 3:52 AM, Paul Kelly wrote:

>> Forcing v.in.ogr to compile results in the following error:
>>
> [...]
>> make: ***
>> [/usr/src/grass57_exp_2003_12_06/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/bin/cmd/
>> v.in.ogr]
>> Error 1
>
> Thinking about it again I suppose also you would need to manually edit
> include/config.h and uncomment the line
> /* #define HAVE_OGR */
> But it would be much better to find out what's causing the problem. I
> thought perhaps something has changed recently to introduce a bug but I
> didn't seem to be able to access the CVS server at Intevation yesterday
> to check. Maybe Markus would know if anything has changed.

This line is already uncommented. Here is the relevant section of the
configure file:

if test "$GDAL_CONFIG" != "" ; then
   GDAL_LIBS="`$GDAL_CONFIG --libs`"
   GDAL_CFLAGS="`$GDAL_CONFIG --cflags` -DUSE_GDAL_H"
   USE_GDAL=1
   if test `$GDAL_CONFIG --ogr-enabled` = "yes" ; then
     cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF
#define HAVE_OGR 1
EOF

     USE_OGR=1
   fi
else
   GDAL_LIBS=$DLLIB
   GDAL_CFLAGS=
   USE_GDAL=
   USE_OGR=
fi

When I type "gdal-config --ogr-enabled", it returns "yes", so it sonds
like a bug to me.

C.

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia