[GRASS5] GRASS -> SF

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Feb 17 12:55:29 EST 2004

Hi all,

I would like to hear your suggestions on how to represent
GRASS vectors as simple features. Probably this is not precise,
I did not studied all OGC documents, I mean how to represent
GRASS vectors in free GIS software which uses OGC specifications,
for example OGR, PostGIS, QGIS.

How to divide GRASS features in one vector to appropriate layers?

Note that features in GRASS vector may have attributes
in different tables or may be without attributes. Boundaries
forms areas but it may happen that some boundaries are not closed
(such boundaries would not appear in polygon layer).
Boundaries may have attributes. All types may be mixed in one vector.

Simply, GRASS vector is a jungle and I am looking for a way
how to represent this flexible format in software like OGR without making
to much confusion between users.

Radim