[GRASS5] grass 5.0.3 in debian
hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 01:13:50 EST 2004
[Hi everyone, happy New Year]
> the GRASS 5.0.3 package has been submitted to debian.
Great! This'll make the Knoppix based distros really easy to put together as
A couple of points about the new Debian package..
(mostly from looking at the Debian.ChangeLog & package page, I haven't
tested or even inspected the package so I could be mistaken on some of
- what happened to all the dependencies? they all seem to be missing.
e.g., look at
- add a dependency to the new gdal-bin package and build --with-gdal ?
This is in testing now.
- DBM patch & deps not needed as GRASS doesn't actually use DBM.
> Added build-deps in control file:
> + libgdbm-dev for --with-dbm
- after changing to tcl/tk 8.4, does NVIZ still work??? could someone check?
> Build against tcl/tk 8.4 (Closes: #206844).
for possible fix, see
maybe fixed in the latest tcl/tk packages?
- The unstable package page (see above) says the package is 34mb,
Installed size: 84920
Is it possible to build 5.0.3 with shared libs or is that 5.3+ only?
- What's with avoiding the freetype check? I've never had a problem with
the standard Debian version of freetype2..
> Include dir for freetype2 is /usr/include/freetype2/freetype
> + debian/rules
With Debian I've always used:
./configure --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2
More information about the grass-dev