[GRASS5] v.transform semi-error

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jan 29 11:41:39 EST 2004

Markus,

Happy to try to clarify now I that I've figured out why I've been
confused. When you use v.transform from the tcltk menu system, it says
to input an ascii vector map. If you click the browse button (labeled
"vector_ascii", as is the output map name browse button), it goes to
the dig_ascii to search for a map. If you select a map from there it
appears in the dialog window. However, when you try to run v.transform
(clicking the "run" button) it says file not found.

The problem seems to be that the tcltk menu system has not been updated
to reflect changes in v.transform. In the manual, it says binary vector
file and v.transform from the command line works as specified there.

Michael

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology
Arizona State University