[GRASS5] d.m Tcl/Tk version

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 09:22:55 EST 2004

Hello
I tried using d.m in GRASS 5.7 to display a vector map; on clicking the
'Vector name' button to browse I got the error

bad switch "-directory": must be -nocomplain or --
    while executing
"glob -directory $path -nocomplain *"
    (procedure "GSelect_::create" line 35)

I checked and -directory only seems to be an option for the glob command
in Tcl >=8.3 (I have 8.2 installed).

So I was just wondering
(a) was d.m written with a specific version of Tcl/Tk in mind and
(b) is there a consensus as to what is the optimum
version of Tcl/Tk to use with GRASS 5.7 (I recall problems with NVIZ and
8.4 so is 8.3 the only real option, or have those problems all been
resolved now?)

Paul