[GRASS5] WinGRASS questions on NVIZ and GRASS 5.3

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Mar 2 22:03:39 EST 2004

Richard Greenwood wrote:

> > I've uploaded my NVWISH2.2 binary (from 5.3) to grass.itc.it/incoming,
> > although I can't guarantee that it will work on any given system (at
> > least Tcl/Tk is linked statically, so that's one package which
> > shouldn't cause any problems).
>
> I would be very interested in trying your binary on my Cygwin
> installations, which I have been using to build WinGRASS. I am
> suspicious that I have been over zealous with updating my system.
>
> However I can not read from grass.itc.it/incoming. Is it write-only?

I believe so.

> Is there an alternative method by which I could fetch your binary?

I presume that it will be moved to a publicly-accessible location in
due course.

The usual setup is that uploaded files require human intervention
before they become available for download (in order to prevent the
system from being used for trading warez/porn/etc). Hopefully that
will happen sooner rather than later.

> Or would you be able to email or ftp it to me?

If it doesn't become available on grass.itc.it tomorrow, I'll email
you a copy (even stripped and bzip'd, it's around 700kb, as Tcl/Tk is
statically linked).