[GRASS5] can't get 5.7 to get past ./configure

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Sun Mar 7 03:52:33 EST 2004

I've tried to compile the 5.7 (or 5.1 or whatever the name is this week)
and can't seem to get past the ./configure. I've run ./configure with the
following settings...

./configure --with-includes=/ur/local/include \
            --with-libs=/usr/local/lib \
            --without-postgres \
            --without-tcltk \
            --without-fftw \
            --with-proj \
            --with-grass50=/usr/home/hamannj/grass

and get the following results:

GRASS is now configured for:  i386-unknown-freebsd4.9

 Source directory:            /usr/home/hamannj/grass51
 Build directory:             /usr/home/hamannj/grass51
 Installation directory:      /usr/local/grass57
 Startup script in directory: ${exec_prefix}/bin
 C compiler:                  gcc -g -O2  -pthread -pthread
 C++ compiler:
 FORTRAN compiler:            f77
 Building shared libraries:   yes

  NVIZ:                       no

  X11 support:                yes
  JPEG support:               yes
  TIFF support:               yes
  PNG support:                yes
  Tcl/Tk support:             no
  PostgreSQL support:         no
  MySQL support:              no
  OpenGL(R) support:          yes
  ODBC support:               yes
  FFTW support:               no
  BLAS support:               no
  LAPACK support:             no
  Motif support:              no
  FreeType support:           no
  GLw support:                no
  NLS support:                no
  Readline support:           no
  C++ support:                no
  openDWG support:            no
  GDAL support:               yes
  OGR support:                yes

when I attempt to run make, I get,

$ make
"./include/Make/Grass.make", line 235: Missing dependency operator
"./include/Make/Grass.make", line 308: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 51: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 53: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
$

Is there something I'm doing incorrectly? I've performed a cvs checkout of
the grass51 code into a fresh directory such that my home dir looks
something like:

/usr/home/hamannj/grass
/usr/home/hamannj/grass51

and have been successful in compiling and running grass5.3

Ideas?

Jeff.

--
Jeff D. Hamann