[GRASS5] [bug #2356] (grass) grass5.7 install messes with tcl

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Mar 15 00:36:06 EST 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2356

Subject: grass5.7 install messes with tcl

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: grass57-28_02_2004-i686-pc-linux

I downloaded and compiled grass5.0.3. Everything worked great.

I downloaded grass5.7 binaries, and most everything works as expected,
except that the buttons on the nviz control panel are HUGE; so big the
panel window is too big to fit on the screen and not usable.

Upon further investigation, now all tcl applications invoked via
wish (not just grass) suffer from the same problem: buttons are HUGE.
Nviz under 5.0.3, which used to work, now suffers from the same probem.

I subsequently downloaded source for grass5.3 & grass5.7 and recompiled,
and that did not fix the probem.

Also downloaded and recompiled and reinstalled tcl/tk; that had no effect.

As far as I can tell, install of grass5.7 binaries seems to have modified
a resource file or something that impacts all tcl applications.