[GRASS5] color in GRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Mar 22 18:49:34 EST 2004

As part of my menu updating, I've added some ways to more easily get
GRASS output into other programs. This involves using the cell driver,
coupled with r.out.tiff, and the PNG driver. These work well, but the
output leaves something to be desired. It seems primarily due to a very
minimal color-depth supported by both of these routines. I've seen a
bit of discussion on this recently, but nothing definitive.

How difficult is it to at least get 24bit color (or perhaps even get
wild with 32bit) to these output routines? It would be nice to include
GRASS output that looks as nice as the displays do. Currently, my only
option for doing this is via xwd.

Michael Barton
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology