[GRASS5] [bug #2402] (grass) r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 00:14:43 EDT 2004

> > > It needs to be a separate menu entry; exactly the same issue also
> > > applies to the rast= option.
> >
> > What about a function which reports the names of the currently
> > existing files in $GISBASE/etc/colors/ ? A function which
> > returns the file names as comma separated list?
>
> The problem here is that the list could grow rather quickly now that
> it can be extended without having to write any code.

I don't see this as a big problem if the default install is limited to
a dozen or so default color scales (we shouldn't be drowning the users
with many like options IMO).

If someone wants to install 200 custom rules files, they get to deal
with the consequences... same as if they installed 200 TT fonts on their
computer.

Perhaps we should add a -l flag to list available rules? Then the
default help page/parser stays clean.

see 'g.mapsets -l'

Hamish