[GRASS5] Doxygen

Sjors jkwast at freeler.nl
Sun May 16 10:38:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

As Markus seems a little swamped and I'm in need of some feedback, hence
this mail. Below the last mail to Markus on the subject of a structure
for Doxygen source code documentation. Also a script and installation
notes are provided. Test it please and comment on my efforts.

Hi Markus,

I've updated the script to help doxygen. The main thing why it has
become more complicated is the fact that it duplicates the grass
directory structure. I think that's why you did not understand my
efforts the last time. Instead of outputting it all in one directory,
almost every directory in the grass sources now get their own in
doxygenhtml.
Example:

	$grass/src/libes/gis     will become     $grass/doxygenhtml/libes/gis/

Now the Doxyfile, as in configuration file, won't be copied throughout
the sources, it basically needs the two I provided in the attachment.
Also the standard .dox files (as you're pages in $grass/src/libes/gis)
for the separate modules or libs are being created in the doxygenhtml
output, that is if no other .dox exists.
Example:

	if exists $grass/src/libes/gis/gis.dox     then there will be no
	standard scripted gis.dox.

So if somebody wants to add or change a page he or she would have to
copy the scripted file to the according directory in the grass sources.
I will explain this more detailed in almost finished (for now) howto
document like the one in the wiki.

In this version only libes, include and the general modules are build.
To install:

	Needs doxygen 1.3.6 or higher

	Unpack the attachment and place in $grass/src/Howto

	Back up $grass/src/Doxyfile and $grass/src/libes index.dox, for the
latter for instance rename it to index.dx
	(once generated by the script you can paste the text back in the script
	generated index.dox see remarks above)

	copy final.sh from attachment to $grass main directory.

	Run final.sh

Total output should be around 50 Mb. It possibly could be smaller but
doxygen has a tendancy to copy some files anyway, although specifing a
hardcoded link to alternative place.

Well try it out . It's really nice now and reflects the grass homepage
in colors.

Greetings Sjors