[GRASS5] Let's release 5.4 asap

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 04:56:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Markus Neteler wrote:

> At least I would like to get rid of the complicated merge
> procedure for 5.7 which is hard to explain to non-experts and
> also makes RPM packaging difficult.
> For that 5.3 has to be sort of frozen.

That actually should be no problem. The parts of 5.3 I would like to still
fix up are not actually in 5.7 (e.g. build mechanism and some modules that
are not being ported like v.in.dxf.) The same also goes for tcltkgrass. So
I suppose if we are going to continue bugfixes on the 5.4 branch, we can
make the 5.4.0 copies of everything that is currently 'make mixed' frozen
into 5.7. It would be good to do this by moving things around directly in
the CVS repository so history is preserved, but I don't know how feasible
that is.

Paul