[GRASS5] [bug #2655] (grass) Installation issue: PG.DLL not found

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 21:44:07 EDT 2004

> Subject: Installation issue: PG.DLL not found
>
> Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
> grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
>
> Installed the latest binaries available last Friday. Grass 57 dialogs
> fire PG.DLL not found and don’t work.

make sure the xfree86-lib-compat cygwin package is installed if you are
using the cygwin supplied X.org X-Windows.

> I guess PG.DLL is related to PostGIS or PostGreSQL, as indicated in an
> replay in the winGRASS mailing list, or it is the PostGRASS Driver, as
> mentioned in the POSTGIS site.
>
> My PostGreSQL didn’t contain a PG.DLL.
> And of course: where to get this? (the link to the PostGRASS Driver
> mentioned in PostGIS site is invalid).

It is built against the Cygwin package, and is tuned to work with that
source of the package. (see below)

> The binary install page should list all dependencies (like to the one
> related to PG.DLL).

It's there:

http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass57/binary/mswindows_cygwin/cygwin_grass.html

I just made some minor updates in CVS to make this a bit clearer.

Hamish