[GRASS5] 5.4 release branch

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Oct 12 12:48:30 EDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 09:14:29PM +0100, Paul Kelly wrote:
> I think the way forward now is to create a new branch in CVS and prepare
> 5.4.0 from it. I'm starting to think now maybe 5.3.1 would be a waste of
> effort. I will create a new branch in a few days if there aren't many
> objections.

Great!

> Here is my first rough draft of what to put in the NEWS file for 5.4.0,
> additions and corrections welcome:
>

> Raster I/O re-write incorporating support for files > 2GB (Glynn)

Probably it should become a flag for 'configure' (maybe that is already?)?

> Support for zlib compression in integer/CELL maps (Glynn)

How to activate it? Is that documented?

> g.pnmcomp: Added (Glynn)

Is it documented?

> PNGdriver: can now also write PPMs and optionally supports incremental
> writing of PNG after each display operation (Glynn)
>
> Doxygen comments for improved Programmers' Manual (Markus)

I need to clean the libgis file (.dox), hopefully tomorrow.

> r.colors new format for rules files (Hamish, Glynn)

Is there a possibility to make the parser (a function) list the
available color files? Such as the 5.7 db.* tools list the available DB
drivers?

> nviz: some bugfixes (Glynn, Hamish)
>
> Cygwin and Mac OSX shared library compilation working (Paul)
>
> ps.map floating point legend fixes (Hamish)
>
> rgb.hsv.sh bugfix (Glynn)
> r.buffer nautical miles support (Hamish)
> Raster map titles standardised to 1024 characters in all relevant modules
> and libraries (Hamish)
>

> r.univar2 now operational (Hamish)
> v.in.garmin.sh now operational (Hamish)
>
> Various compiler warnings fixed (Glynn)
>
> d.zoom fixes (Hamish)
>
> Longer names for database, location and mapset allowed in start-up screen
> (Markus, Glynn)

Markus