[GRASS5] Re: bugs in 5.7's tcltkgrass

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Oct 15 05:17:11 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 10:45:43PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> On 10/14/04 2:55 PM, "Maciek Sieczka" <werchowyna at pf.pl> wrote:
> > 1. r.contour
> > when invoked r.contour& from the grass terminal I get:
> > (...)
> > Continue?(y/n) [y]
>
> This is left over from porting this from 5.3. It needs to be changed in the
> command module. Probably pretty easy to fix now it has been reported.

Fixed now in 5.7-CVS.
I have changed to:

+                   if (!isatty(0)) {
+                      if (!G_yes ("Continue?", 1)) exit (0);
+                   }

> > and it stops
> > (in 5.3 there was a separate terminal called for this)
> >
> > even worse when r.contour is invoked from within the tcltkgrass menu - it
> > hangs completely and freezes the tcltkgrass menu for good
>
> ditto

Please try again with a fresh 5.7-CVS.

> > 3. all modules I tried in 5.7 display this instead of percents only:
> > Percent complete:    2%   5%   8% (...) 100%

Yes, this is ugly. No idea how to polish the G_percent() output, though.

> On my computer, it goes:
>
> Percent complete: 2%/b/b/b/b5%/b/b/b and so forth...most of the time. Other
> times, it stops after a few increments, then does nothing until 100%

Do you mean [s|v].surf.rst? Might be normal behaviour of this module.

Markus