[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:4543] r.digit failed once

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Oct 15 09:01:49 EDT 2004

Maciek Sieczka wrote:

> r.digit gave me once a following error but I can't (happily :)) reproduce it
> anymore
> (precompiled 5.7 09_10_2004)
>
> maybe worthy of fixing
>

> invalid command name ".dialog1.pw.f1.frame.win.text"
> invalid command name ".dialog1.pw.f1.frame.win.text"

>     while executing
> "$outtext insert end $str"

This suggests that the Tcl/Tk dialog has been destroyed before the
process has finished generating output.

I'm not sure how to handle this, e.g. whether to kill the process, or
change the the fileevent handler on the process output to one which
simply discards all output, or block until the process completes, or?