[GRASS5] question about updating g.mapsets in GIS Manager

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Oct 15 17:08:19 EDT 2004

Michael Barton wrote:

> In a recent update, the nice radiobutton interface to g.mapsets (the one
> that gives you access to different mapsets within a location) Œdisappeared¹
> when the command is called.

Right. g.mapsets was changed when I removed front.end. Now, rather
than having separate cmd/inter versions, the single version does this:

    if (argc < 2)
	execl("/bin/sh", "sh", "-c", "$GISBASE/etc/g.mapsets.tcl", NULL);

However, that only works if g.mapsets is run without arguments.

That will have stopped working when the tcltkgrass "execute" procedure
was changed to use the --tcltk switch. The new version of execute uses
--tcltk, and expects the program to generate Tcl/Tk code on its
stdout, which is then executed.

For the Tcl/Tk case, the simplest solution is to change menu.tcl to
use e.g. "spawn $env(GISBASE)/etc/g.mapsets.tcl" instead of attempting
to run the g.mapsets program.