[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS-CVS] hamish: grass/html/html r.out.mpeg.html,1.4,1.5

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 05:25:35 EDT 2004

> Just curious:
> Does it work better than the old Berkeley software (which gives
> terrible errors here)?

I'm just finishing main.c right now. Results are *very* nice so far.
(it checks for both mpeg_encode and ppmtompeg then sets the encoder)

> If so, what about using 'ppmtompeg' with -c flag and mpeg_encode
> without? Currently it's hardcoded:
>
> grep mpeg_encode *
> main.c: sprintf(cmd, "mpeg_encode %s 2> /dev/null > /dev/null",
> main.c: sprintf(cmd, "mpeg_encode %s", mpfilename);
> main.c: fprintf(stderr,"mpeg_encode ERROR\n");
> main.c: sprintf(cmd, "mpeg_encode %s 2> /dev/null > /dev/null",
> main.c: sprintf(cmd, "mpeg_encode %s", mpfilename);
> main.c: fprintf(stderr,"mpeg_encode ERROR\n");

[fixed]

Re. -c, more trials first. I don't have UCB's mpeg_encode compiled to
test it with (but have the source); running it with ppmtompeg right now,
and that's pretty much installed by default on most distributions
(standard netpbm).

Hamish