[GRASS5] 5.7 - GIS manager - zoom and pan - change term to execute in d.m.tcl

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 12:12:56 EDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Michael Barton wrote:

> The advantange of using term instead of run is that it pops up a separate
> xterm, that is specific to that command, is uncluttered by GRASS command
> line input and output, and goes away when the command is finished. However,
> if this doesn't work on some systems, run will do the same thing, but in the
> GRASS command line xterm.
>
> I am OK with reverting all these commands back to run, but wonder if there
> is some kind of bigger issue to be fixed for which this is the tip of a
> digital iceberg?

Is this the LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue? This message:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2004-September/015412.html
explains the issue very well and even gives the solution: create a script
#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$GISBASE/lib"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec "$@"

This would need to be held in the source tree as a shell script source,
then at compile time the Makefile could run a sed command to replace
LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR with the name of the variable as used on the
particular system (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for Mac OSX and PATH for Cygwin are
the only two different ones I've come across). See the Makefile for
lib/init for an example of this.
As Glynn suggested, ${GISBASE}/etc/grass-run.sh would be a good location
and name for the short script.

Paul