[GRASS5] spaces in file names

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Fri Oct 22 05:04:21 EDT 2004

Hi

When I tried to deal with the spaces in a file name by replacing them with
"\ " I got an error:

    GRASS:~ > v.in.shape -d input=~/esri_vect_utm/B_Major\ Cities\ 2.shp
output=miasta
    WARNING: Log file not specified. Sending messages to 'standard error'
    ERROR: ~/esri_vect_utm/B_Major Cities 2.shp - DBF not found, or wrong
       format.

The "B_Major Cities 2.dbf" was there in the same directory as the "B_Major
Cities 2.shp". After removing spaces in corresponding files all was ok.

Could I handle the spaces some other way or is renaming files the only
solution?

Maciek