[GRASS5] [bug #2599] (grass) r.patch file size limit exceeded

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Sep 2 19:32:52 EDT 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2599

Subject: r.patch file size limit exceeded

Platform: Solaris2.X/Sparc
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.3-cvs

I am attempting to run r.patch to create a LARGE (57330 rows x 47340 cols) raster map and at row 45622 it craps out and says

WARNING: map [Orthophoto] - unable to write row 45622
File size limit exceeded

I tried this on a Sparc running solaris and on an Intel Xeon running linux, and it craps out on the same line, so I don't think it's hardware...

Is this a soft limit that can be reset in code, or is this deeper?

Thanks,
Gilead Wurman
ASU Active Tectonics