[GRASS5] GIS Manager for 5.7 - need help with makefile before commit

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:16:52 EDT 2004

I am ready to commit the new GIS manager for GRASS 5.7 (merged display
manager and tcltkgrass menus). I modified the makefile to include a new file
menu.tcl. However, I¹m not sure how to do the makefile to make sure that an
included subdirectory for scripts gets built and populated as
$GISBASE/etc/dm/script. This subdirectory has some scripts that are needed
with the menu but not otherwise. For example, it contains r.colors.rules
that lets the user enter color table  rules in an xterm via the gui.

I¹d rather not commit the rest of the changes until I can be sure that this
subdirectory gets built. I might be able to modify the makefile
appropriately, but I¹m not sure enough to do it.

Could someone who knows more about this offer to do this? If so, I will
commit the rest of the files and let you know when I¹ve done so, so that you
can fix the makefile.

Thanks much
Michael
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671