[GRASS5] Vector format request by company

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Fri Sep 17 10:47:16 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:44:47AM +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> I received a message from ENAiKOON http://www.enaikoon.com. They are
> interested in using GRASS for their work but they have to import TeleAtlas
> http://www.teleatlas.com/homepage.jsp and Navtech
> http://www.btinternet.com/~navtech/ maps.
> Is anybody aware of these formats? Or does anybody now if it is possible to
> import them into GRASS?

well, teleatlas data are managed in the very complex gdf format.
I know some people who are deeply into this format.

For navtech I know that you can order even Shapefile formatted data.

Which format you need depends on what you want to do with it.

I'd say, they should describe what they want and then we could
decide whether it is very easy or which efford leads to a solution :-)

Best

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/